Friday, May 16

Indigo quilt



In the spirit of Loobylu's Friday Archives I thought I'd put up a picture of something I made a few years ago. It's a cot quilt made long before Chloe was born - before we even owned a cot! The fabrics are vintage Japanese cottons. The placing of the pieces was almost entirely due to me being unable to bear the thought of cutting the fabrics. I was really happy with how it turned out.

Now for the big question! What is this quilt doing now?

Sitting in a box in the wardrobe. How sad is that - once Chloe came along and we realised just what a chucky baby she was the quilt got put away. I think I'll go and put it into use now - the chucky days are gone! Yay!

4 comments:

SpinachNPeace said...

the quilt is gorgeous! glad you are reviving it!

Claire said...

beautiful! I love indigo -- so serene and strong at the same time.

Mel @ Skye Rocket Sews said...

lovely quilt there! Your dresses are beutiful,I love that moda spot you use,I've just used that in a dress I made for my eldest.Added you to my bloglines,go the Aussie Etsians ;)
Mel.x

Kim said...

what a lovely quilt!