Thursday, October 28

Joyce

While I'm on the subject of my relatives, this was my Gran. Such a beautiful little girl. Her creativity came out in the kitchen. I have her handwritten recipes which get more and more difficult to read but are a lovely reminder for me and my kids.

Great Granny's biscuits - Coconut Crisps

1/4 lb butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
2 cups cornflakes
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 egg
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Then dry ingredients. Add a little milk. Bake 12-15 mins.

4 comments:

Fer said...

Yum! Will have to try that one. Beautiful photo too.

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

I tear up at grandma recipes. This looks yummy scrum!

Isis said...

how lucky you are!

. said...

Oh Yum, Coconut Crisps! They look easy to, defiantly giving them a go this weekend! Thanks for the post. :)