Thursday, July 9

Back to the seventies



Anyone who lived through some of the seventies will probably recognise what Chloe is up to in this photo. One of her favourite books is a kids cookbook that was mine. She has spent hours and hours of her short life poring over it so when Sam suggested she make the orange and cheese hedgehog (from the party snacks sections) she was incredibly excited. We now have an aging orange attached to chunks of dried out cheese taking pride of place on the kitchen table - because of course she didn't want to eat it.



Everything is going well with Arj. He's a good eater and sleeper (so far) so we're cruising along quite well. The only downfall has been battling bad colds and headaches for Sam and I. So far Arj has remained cold free which must be some sort of minor miracle given the amount of snot around here.

Thanks for all the lovely messages on the last post. I'm getting around to thanking everyone personally - it just might take me a while!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

my mum used to make these.... yes, i remember the 70's and i'm smiling! Congrats on the arrival of sweet Arj x

Catherine said...

Welcome home, Suse. You look gorgeous! Lovely family shot, and well done so far. Two children are definitely different to one!

2paw said...

Glad everything is going well. At my friend's 50th Birthday party we had quite a few of those 'hedgehogs'!!! They were very popular.

JasperBoy said...

I spy with my little eye.......a Black Eyed Susie gathered tunic. Love-ly.

Jen in Melbourne

Sophie said...

Hey Suse! Wow! Arj - great name! Congrats on the arrival of your little man - love the photo's :o)

Fer said...

I remember those cookbooks, guess I'm showing my age!

That's great that Arj is doing well, you all look happy despite the snot!

Sara said...

Congratulations to you and your family. He is so beautiful.

Love, Sara and Bella