Tuesday, November 4

This is ... a recipe I'd like to share

Not really a recipe - more of a chuck everything together type of thing. This is my favourite summer meal and seeing as the weather is warming up it seemed like a good one.

I don't even know what it's called - my hubbie based it on a recipe from a bbq book and altered to suit what we wanted. Amounts vary - use what you like!



Nicoise inspired salad

Piece of hot smoked salmon
Boiled potatoes
Green beans
Pitted Kalamata olives
Boiled eggs
Ripe tomatoes


Dressing:

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar

1 tbsp lemon juice

2 cloves garlic, crushed




Breaks up the smoked salmon into pieces.
Slice the boiled potatoes and fry in alittle olive oil (or just whack them on the barbie for a while).
Steam the green beans.
Half the boiled eggs.

Put all the salad ingredients in a big bowl and then whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the salad and toss.


This tastes best if the spuds are still warm and we also use fresh salmon or tuna seared on the bbq instead of the hot smoked salmon.

I have no picture I'm sorry so you'll just have to trust me.


This is... is hosted by Three buttons and I'm late again. We had a busy weekend - more on that soon.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me why I have so many problems with spacing on my blog, please do!

2 comments:

Liesl said...

It sounds delicious!

Fer said...

Yum-o!