Sunday, August 24

This is....

....my favourite childhood book.




1. the hobbit, 2. The Hobbit Book

Or at least one of the many. I loved being taken away to another world. I loved the illustrations and the idea that there was so much history in middle earth. I loved the mysterious rune writing and the idea if setting off to travel on a big adventure.

Nowadays, the thing I read most is travel writing. I like Colin Thubron, William Dalrymple and Bruce Chatwin among others. People who write about places that are a bit mysterious to me and that I will most likely never visit - not that different to reading The Hobbit as a child.

Well, there you go! "This is" is a thing I signed up to a few weeks ago at Three Buttons and hadn't got around to doing until now. Quite fun really!

3 comments:

Hana said...

I have often picked it up but have never actually read 'The Hobbit'. The sound of mysterious lands does sound intriguing to me.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Ooh The Hobbit always really freaked me out. I remember a teacher reading it to us at school and I always felt really scared!! Silly I know.

Stacey said...

I just know my eldest son would love The Hobbit. I think you've just found the last piece of his birthday present puzzle! Thank you!